Dr Johnson Huang
Dr Johnson Huang is a chiropractor with special interests in neuro-musculoskeletal health, clinical paediatrics and autonomic dysfunctions.
Johnson completed his initial training at RMIT University, graduating double degrees in Applied Clinical Science and Chiropractic Science in 2000.
It was his own personal experience of the benefits of chiropractic care that led Johnson into this career. In his final year of high school, he slipped on a wet court while playing basketball with friends, resulting in persistent back pain and leg weakness that was not relieved by any of the usual treatment approaches. Eventually, a friend suggested he see a chiropractor – and that was how Johnson discovered chiropractic and decided to pursue it as a career.
After graduation, Johnson moved back to his hometown of Taipei, Taiwan and practised there for 14 years, caring for the spinal health of diplomats from Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA as well as advising the local Australian office on workplace safety and ergonomics.
It was evident that heavy workloads, high expectations and the relentlessly fast pace of life contributed to autonomic dysfunctions like stress and anxiety in many of his patients, both adults and children.
Now a father and fascinated by children’s development, Johnson completed post-graduate studies in paediatric chiropractic on returning to Australia with his family. Alongside his adult caseload, Johnson has a special interest in kids’ chiropractic, caring for all ages from babies to teenagers.
At the end of a busy week, Johnson loves to relax with his wife and two young sons, watching baseball or AFL. They’re a foodie family and love hunting out new places to eat.
Soon enough, it’s the start of another week, where Johnson looks forward to offering patients at The Brisbane Spine Clinic the best of both worlds as the clinic now provides both physiotherapy and chiropractic services.
- Bachelor of Applied Clinical Science, 2000, RMIT University
- Bachelor of Chiropractic Science, 2000, RMIT University
- Postgrad Certificate of Clinical Chiropractic in Paediatrics, 2012
- Certified NeuroImpulse Protocol (NIP) chiropractor
- Certified IASTM practitioner
- NSA trained practitioner
- Workplace safety and ergonomic advisor of Australian Office, Taipei
- Spinal health advisor, Austrade Taipei
- Spinal health advisor, New Zealand Commerce and Industry Office, Taipei
- Spinal health advisor, New Zealand Trade Development Centre, Taipei
- Former board member of Taiwan Chiropractic Doctors Society
- Member of Chiropractic Australia
- English (fluent)
- Mandarin Chinese (fluent)
- Taiwanese / Hokkien (fluent)